Tuesday 31 July 2012

Old school memories


I miss floppy discs, I remember playing with them like they were cameras.... I could make a shutter noise and everything!  I was an odd child though. I once spent an entire evening pretending a cardboard box was a television that was broken (I was fixing it.)

Does anyone remember mini disc players?? I thought they were going to be the next big thing, then mp3 players came along and just blew them out of the water completely.  I wonder how long it will take for memory sticks to become outdated now?  I imagine the whole memory market will be transformed when cloud computing really takes off... I can just see it now - a child is born and he is assigned his facebook account where he digitally uploads all his thoughts and memories from day one.

What old school things do people still miss I wonder?  Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment